Friday, December 25, 2009

Girlfriends-Girlfriends

I reminisce the first moments of my personal revelation after seeing Girlfriends for the first time at a house show and saying to myself, "Holy shit, where did this come from?!".  I've seen Girlfriends play a handful of times and each time has been as memorable as the rest.  For example, I specifically remember Girlfriends playing a show at a barn party and at the party were some super stoked Juggalos super pumped off of Girlfriends tunes getting increasingly more excited/drunk/violent and slowly moving there way up close to the point where I thought they were going to tackle him in an appreciative Juggalo fashion.  Lulz.

The man behind Girlfriends, Jerry Joiner, is quite the guy. Extremely nice and polite, highly intelligent, and usually has a grin on his face.  A gentle guy that usually has something funny/amusing to say who's adored by all.  So when I first heard his music I was so surprised because it was such a kick in the ass.  In a fantastic kick in the ass sort of way and I'm not the only one who thinks so.  He's been ranked on the hype machine and has been featured in a few noteworthy blogs.

http://hypem.com/artist/girlfriends

http://www.deliciouscopitone.com/2009/12/girlfriend/




He has recently come out with a self titled release.

Photobucket



Here is a link to downlaod.

http://girlfriends.bandcamp.com/album/girlfriends

I highly recommend downloading this album.  I am expecting great things from Girlfriends and I will not be surprised when his music will blow up.

-Zak



No comments:

Post a Comment