Monday, January 4, 2010

Saetia - A Retrospective

Saetia was an extremely influential post hardcore/screamo band active in the 1990's. Pushing what bands like Cap'n Jazz started in the early 90's, they basically pioneered this sound of angular/dissonant guitars, and shrill screaming. Many acts would follow, trying to replicate Saetia's sound which critics were beginning to call 'screamo'. How it started here and evolved into acts like My Chemical Romance, and Atreyu is totally beyond me. This album is a retrospective (rightly named) of their entire catalogue. I'm pretty sure this is every recording of theirs, from 1997-2000.

Saetia - "A Retrospective" 2001


















Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?whg2jdd2mjd

-Peter

4 comments:

  1. wonderful album. thanks for the post man. glad to know you dig on them.
    By the way, I've started a blog- Skips on the Record- where I'm reviewing a new album for every day of January. I was wondering how you set you yours to display other blog's links. Sorry for being kind of a dick by asking (and therefore being somewhat presumptuous that you would respond). It may be obvious for all i know, but im drunk. Regardless, I love this blog man. Keep doing what you do best man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words sir!

    I think if you go to "customize" up at the top right and then over in "gadgets", you can add a list of your favorite blogs. Again thank you for the kind words, if you put us on your favorite blogs we will do the same for you!

    reguards
    -Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite band man..
    Really harsh screamo

    Cheers
    D.

    ReplyDelete